Logic Bus/Send IO Names

orangefridge

Hey all,

I was driving myself mad with bigger projects looking at bus and send names only called 'bus 1' and not 'Lead Vox' as I named each one.

I needed something visually quick to see when looking in the mixer and not hover over everything. I finally figured if I went into the IO settings I could name the buses to the relevant names and it has made my workflow much quicker like in pro tools. 

Problem now is I've opened a different hectic project and all the names are from the previous project so the bus naming is a complete mess. 

Can I do this per project and not globally?

Thanks,

Ryan

...bummer for u...bummer for the rest of us too...I/o names are global, so eat the dog food and smile...there could be global and project specific naming, but no...been asked for from way back in the day, but the great auricular sphinx of cupertino has never responded...(sigh)...(yes, it's a sore point for me)...(rant off:project specific).../s~ 

You cannot have different User I/O labels per project. However, if you defined user labels and want to go back to standard default bus names you can go back and forth by click dragging in the column to switch all from user.... to default names and vice versa..... 

Not sure if that helps.. but it's something....

1711897746_busnames.gif.a73a10415b5ff7a88edcf5d807af4f22.gif

tbh it's easier to just have consistent workflow (mine is: bus1-3  delays, bus 4-9 reverbs, bus 10-16 reserverd for additional FX, bus 17+ used by logic)

I setup auxes before doing summing buses and stuff like that so that from Aux1 to Aux16, every bus going to each respective aux has the same number.

has greatly reduced confusion and stress in my projects.