How can I get an Apple Logic certificate?

kerochan

So I have been on the Apple site, signed up with company called LEARN QUEST, planned to do a course the a certificate test in central London, then the course got changed to another part of town, much further away, I agreed, now its been cancelled altogether because of not enough people.

They have offered me the course in February, but say they can promise it will happen unless they get enough people. So I would have to wait another3 months to find out!

Anyway, I have got a refund and I am looking for another Apple certified course and test in London, the only one I can find is the one that got canceled!

Any help? can I take the certificate test without going on a course? how? where do I take the test? I can find no info!

Any help appreciated.

can I take the certificate test without going on a course?

Yes. I recommend you visit this page to see a list of all AATPs and contact them directly to ask for an Apple Certification test session. Even centers that don't have Logic Pro X classes should be able to offer you a test session to become Apple Certified in Logic Pro X.

or send me $5000 US and i will get you an 'official' certificate....

Now THAT's an interesting business model. Why didn't I think of this before? :lol:

i don't remember mentioning anything about spliiting the fee. still, if we sold a couple hundred, that's nearly a million dollars each. print them up, and i'll send them out.

can I take the certificate test without going on a course?

Yes. I recommend you visit this page to see a list of all AATPs and contact them directly to ask for an Apple Certification test session. Even centers that don't have Logic Pro X classes should be able to offer you a test session to become Apple Certified in Logic Pro X.

Thank you David, will try contacting one of these.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Jumping on this -- I saw somewhere that there is a code that I can enter to take the test online. Is that correct or did I misunderstand what they were saying (possible)? If I do go to a center to take the test, can I do it any day they are available? In other words, does it have to be at a time they offer the class?

I saw somewhere that there is a code that I can enter to take the test online. Is that correct or did I misunderstand what they were saying (possible)?

AFAIK that's not possible, tests have to be taken in training centers. Most training centers will let you take a test even if they don't have a Logic class scheduled on that day.

Jumping on this -- I saw somewhere that there is a code that I can enter to take the test online. Is that correct or did I misunderstand what they were saying (possible)? If I do go to a center to take the test, can I do it any day they are available? In other words, does it have to be at a time they offer the class?

I think some courses can be done online, but not the test.

I plan on taking the test soon, after I have read David's book through 2 or 3 times!

I was futzing around on the certification site, when I clicked on the "Find An Exam" and chose the Logic certification, it sent me to the correct link for the online test. Look at the requirements. It certainly seems like they're prepping you for an online test. I'm not quote ready to take the test, so I'm not gonna purchase it and find out, lol

1284389134_Screenshot2018-01-0516_58_30.thumb.png.94e5b1fb37333a22b2b94cfb19464b2c.png

256995211_Screenshot2018-01-0516_58_37.thumb.png.cb4ad6a3bab4b7b96a36c88067c6128e.png

Question: When I spoke to an Apple employee, they pointed me to take the certification online:

https://training.apple.com/certification/proapps

Is this different? Not applicable?

Which option did you choose when you reached that page?

logic-001.png

Clicked on "Find An Exam," and then used the Search function on the next page to look up "Logic." The search turned up "9L0-858: Logic Pro X End User Exam (v10.3)," for $250.

What I'm gathering is that the "Find An Exam" function is useless without the AATP login? Seems Apple is quite happy to accept my money as I'm going through the sales funnel?

If I purchase your book David, does it come with a Private Access Code? I very much want to take the certification. I'm not sure I'm ready to travel 400 miles to do it.

What I'm gathering is that the "Find An Exam" function is useless without the AATP login?

Yes, in my previous screenshot I framed it in red to show that it's the button you click when you choose the option of taking the exam at an AATP.

If I purchase your book David, does it come with a Private Access Code?

No.

AFAIK you can not take the Logic Pro X Apple Certification exam at home.

What I'm gathering is that the "Find An Exam" function is useless without the AATP login?

Yes, in my previous screenshot I framed it in red to show that it's the button you click when you choose the option of taking the exam at an AATP.

If I purchase your book David, does it come with a Private Access Code?

No.

AFAIK you can not take the Logic Pro X Apple Certification exam at home.

Understood. Thanks for the follow up!