Auvaltool keeps crashing while validating Waves plug-ins [SOLVED]

PapaHooEee
Go to solution Solved by PapaHooEee,

Auvaltool keeps crashing while validating plugins and now some of my waves plugins won't work. Can I and/or should I reinstall Auvaltool?

I have just updated to High Sierra but waves tells me they should all be compatible. Could it be a logic problem? Waves problem? or Auvaltool?

Thanks all..

Macbook Pro 13' 2016

OSX High Sierra

Logic X

If you get desperate, you can always try googling the "force au validation utility" (free) and it has a simple feature to enable or disable to force a validation which generally works 99% of the time with some stubborn plugins. If you don't like the results you can simply disable it form the interface and it foes back to the default behavior of auval tool. I'v used it on and off for years with no ill effects,. If you do try it, I find that if you hit disable once and then enable twice, you get better results.

It's a problem with High Sierra. Apple have updated au valtool. There are lots of reports about it, including the sticky post at the top of this forum. People are finding they have to reboot after a scan for some plugins to be recognised, which is probably what you need to do after a scan . Some find Logic rescans at every launch. Waves should be more aware of this. The consensus seems to be wait for the next update of Logic and/or some plugins.

Thanks xgman and stardustmedia.. appreciate it. Hasn't worked yet but will keep enabling and disabling to see if it comes around. Did you quit and restart logic in between disabling and enabling?

Without Logic running, I first hit disable, ok and then start the app again and this time hit enable, ok and start once more and hit enable. Then I start Logic and go in to the plugin manager and re-scan any failed plugs and they should then have a success enabled check mark and work.

By the way, osx 10.13.2 (beta 3) continues to have the fix for the re-scanning at logic startup, but I think at least some plugin new installs may still require restarting the mac first before they show up in Logic.Unfortunately the Finder audio file bug where it only shows the generic icon preview and not the album art is still present on this latest beta.

• Solution
Hey guys, so I heard back from Waves who told me that all my plugins should be compatible with High Sierra and to try uninstailling and reinstalling using Waves Central. Totally worked and I have them all back again! Waves versions from 9.0.2 right up to 9.9 ..just needed to be re-installed. Appreciate everybody's help..hope this also helps someone else.