Space Designer note overlap

Almor

Hi there!

I'm trying to figure out how to "reset" Space Designer every time a new chord hits, to avoid an overlapping reverb effect, that creates blur and confusion. I'll try to explain it better. I have a synth that's playing a chords progression written down in piano roll, and I'm Using Space Designer in the channel strip as reverb to add some space and depth. Now, the only problem is: since I'm working in 128 bpm, and the chord progression becomes pretty "fast", the reverb of the previous note always overlap to the next note reverb, creating that blur and confusion that I'm trying to get rid of. I tried reducing decay time, but the reverb obviously becomes completely different, reducing too much all the space and depth that I obtained before. I've also tried a gate, but when the gate kicks in, Space Desinger won't lose it's "memory", and when the gate goes off, the previous note reverb tail it's still here. The only option seems to be switching off and then on Space designer (using "insert bypass" automation) every time a new chord hits. But the problem here is that this automation fails when switched on and off fast, resulting in leaving the plugin always on.

I really can't figure out how to solve this...

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Among other things, have you tried filtering out some frequencies from the reverberation? That should help discriminating (proportionally) the original sound from its reverberation, thus yielding a less blurry result, without drying it out too much...

Additionnally, you could consider assigning distinct stereo positions to your wet and dry sources.

This isn't a solution, but rather a suggestion.

Check out Adaptiverb by Zynapiq:

https://www.zynaptiq.com/adaptiverb/

It's a highly intelligent reverb that can be set to different scales, chords etc.

A very interesting plugin...

Interesting indeed, but at a prohibitive price, I think!

Its advantage seems to reside mainly in the fact it can achieve the same result that would require a combination of plugins already available in LPX...