Bounce mono tracks as a stereo file

czoina

I am trying to bounce three mono backing vocal tracks as a single stereo file. I want to preserve the panning, as two of the tracks are panned hard left and right, and one down the centre. I have done this two ways:

1) selecting the regions and bounced them in place.

2) sending the output of the three mono tracks to a bus, and then creating a new stereo audio track and recording the input of the same bus.

The issue: the result is that newly generated stereo file doesn’t sound exactly the same as the playback of the three mono tracks. The difference is subtle, but audible. The stereo image doesn’t seem to be the same. It sounds slightly phasey, where as when the tracks are mono, the left and right panning sounds clear. I can only describe the sound like the three mono tracks are being sent to both the left and right bounce inputs (so you still get a stereo sound, but the left and right of the stereo track is playing the same thing).

Can anyone help?

Hi and welcome to Logic Pro Help Czoina.

Not sure exactly what you are experiencing this, but maybe using fewer steps can help.

Try this:

1. Solo the there tracks.
  2. Use the bounce button on your stereo output to create the bounce.
  3. Choose PCM, 24-bit, check the box to include it in your Project folder, and also check the one for Realtime.
  4. Once it's finished you can drag the file from the Project Audio Browser to an empty space on the arrange to create a new track.

Hope that helps.