setting up multiple software instruments multi-timbrally

jculp3
Go to solution Solved by jculp3,

I want to be able to control multiple software instruments from the same midi region, and have specific notes of the region play specific software instrument tracks. The way it seems to me to do this, is to change the midi channel of each note (in the event list) and then somehow assign a track to that note's channel. The only way I've been able to do this has been to use Logic's multi-instrument with an outboard multi-timbral synth such as my Roland XV-5080. I put the midi region on the channel strip assigned to the multi-instrument, change the notes' channels accordingly, and then set my outboard synth's 1-16 midi instruments accordingly. But I haven't been able to do this in the software realm. Any ideas? So far I've tried summing track stacks and other environment methods to no avail. Every note in the region seems to trigger every software instrument track regardless of channel assignement.

• Solution

Thanks David. That didn't work, but I was able to get it to work by:

1) creating a channel splitter in the enviro

2) sending the splitter's outputs to software instruments set to specific midi channels

3) creating a channel strip of the channel splitter in the arrange page

3) putting the region (that contains the notes set to different channels) on that splitter's channel strip