Screensets across all sessions

esteban ferguson

Hi everyone!

Ive just learned that Screensets are saved and set on a per session basis. In one of my most common workflows, I'm not starting from a template but receiving multiple logic sessions from a composer, recording into them, and printing audio out to send back to them. I always need my window arrangement to be the same, on multiple screens, including a separate movie window (three screens, one with arrange, one with piano roll/mixer, one with video). In the past I've only had two screens, so I've always just kind of dealt with it.

So I'm wondering if there is anyway to save Screensets to be available system wide, instead of tied to a particular session. looking into it, it doesn't appear to be an option, which feels pretty limiting if your workflow is not to simply open a new session from a template every time you sit down to work. Any ideas would be welcome, thanks!

• 3 months later...
Really should be able to save screen sets globally. Shouldn't have to import from a template. Just another step that seems pretty unnecessary. Part of a wishlist that is growing as I see more of what Ableton is able to do. Sampler being another one for sifting through sample packs. EXS24 really doesn't cut it.

Try it, you'll like it! (Old Alka Selzter commercial)... It might be nice if there was an easy way to pick from preset or pre-created screen sets.. but different projects require different workflows. That's why I often import project setting which may include screen sets, score sets, font styles etc....it's really not a big deal.

Creating multiple EDM projects on a daily basis this workflow thing is a big deal for me. I waste a lot of time on things like this. I love Logic but this and the sampler are a big deal. That is not to say I don't appreciate the ability to have different views in the first place. Just looking to speed up my workflow any way possible. Let me get on to my next creative thought.