Key Cmnds for Show Step Editor & Open/Hide Step Editor?

TheUncannyValley

It depends what you already use and don't use. For example if you never use the Score editor, then you could use "N" (as in Notes) for the Step editor. You could also consider using one of your F(unction) keys.

Thanks for your reply, David.

I realize I posted a vague, tough-to-respond-to question. But I was hoping for an experienced power user like yourself to throw out random suggestions, as if we were speaking in real time. And you gave me a great idea, using function keys never occurred to me...I'm using the score editor a lot now and ran out of letters with even the slightest hope of triggering an association to step editor. :-)

Thank you!

For sure most existing key combinations are already taken by the default U.S. key commands, sometimes for multiple functions depending on active window! It can be a real challenge trying to find a new one to assign, so sometimes I give up assignments that I never use in my workflow.

If you use the F keys make sure you either go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Keyboard, and select "Use F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys", or you have to hold down the 'fn' key while using the F keys.