Older Macs and best set up for Logic

Yanizle

Hi everyone,

I have an early jan 2008 Mac Pro with 32g of ram and solid state main drive and running OS 10.10.

Im running into issues of my current OS not being current enough to keep up with plugin updates and ap updates.

I want to avoid crashes and spinning wheel of death and have the most solid, smooth set up as possible which is why I'm not updating.

So, with that being said...

Who has a similar older computer running logic smoothly and staying somewhat current with OS and is able to use the latest logic or what is the stablest logic version for an older computer like mine?

What Logic and OS X versions are you guys having success with?

I have an early jan 2008 Mac Pro with 32g of ram and solid state main drive and running OS 10.10.

I don't think your machine will benefit from newer OSX versions, I think it will actually run slower.

I run El Capitan on a 2009 8-core, which already is much better than a 2008 from the internal architecture.

I tried Sierra on it, but it ran slower so I reverted back.

But you can try El Capitan 10.11 if you have the installer. That way you can run the latest Logic. I would definitely avoid Sierra for your machine.