Strange jumping behavior when dragging knobs in 10.3.2, any help appreciated!

NoviceUser
Go to solution Solved by fisherking,

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, and I'm hoping to get some help regarding a strange bug I've been experiencing in Logic 10.3.2. I recently upgraded to this new version, having been on 10.2.4 for a long while, and the bug appeared out of no where.

Here's a GIF of the bug in action - https://gfycat.com/DazzlingPinkFurseal

I've formatted and reinstalled OSX, and Logic, but the bug remains. When I drag a control knob within a plugin, then drag another control knob within the same plugin, the initial knob will jump to a different value. This happens in almost every single plugin.

The only work around I've found is to click several times in an empty space in between knob adjustments.

This is getting extremely frustrating though, and after extensive Googling, I can't find a single case similar to mine.

Other than downgrading to 10.2.4, or some earlier version, are there any suggestions on how to resolve this bug?

Thank you so much!

i should add, the latest btt does not create this issue... (v 2.310)

That has to be it, because I use BTT! What's weird is that I'm on 2.312 2.313, so maybe the bug has persisted.

Can't thank you enough for the quick reply, fisherking. Much appreciated!

Edited by NoviceUser

recognized the issue (i've lived with it on & off for several years); odd how it would happen with some betas (& final OS versions) and not others.

it's not happening for me currently, but... could be the particular OS beta i'm running now.

EDIT: i just checked, my logic machine IS running BTT 2.313, so try that.

What are the chances that you'd see my post within minutes? This has been bothering me for weeks now. I love the internet. But yes, definitely weird. I'm on MacOS 10.13.1 (17B48) right now. And oops, that was a typo -- I'm actually on 2.313 (691).

Quitting BTT didn't fix it until I restarted. Seems to be working well now! Hoping I won't have to restart each time though :roll:

ha, i spend way too much time on this forum, but it's filled with useful information and (mostly) sane people (so not a typical internet forum). as i mentioned, the problem's been sporadic for several years (you're lucky it's only been weeks). and solved with the help of the infamous eric C. 10.3.2 should happen soon, see if that also helps (it's fine here)...