Plugin automation latency

Zetrick

Hello,

I've read on these forums about this issue before, but haven't seen an answer that works for me yet...

I'm using the Waves DeBreather plugin for my audiobook narration. It cuts out breaths about 90% of the time, but it also cuts off some words that it recognizes as breaths when they aren't. I use automation with the DeBreather plugin in those areas to ignore it, but the problem is I have to edit the wave form 3-5 seconds BEFORE the error actually occurs in order for the automation to actually work. If I automate directly on top of the problem wave form, the automation simply does not work (because of latency).

Is it possible to use this plugin, or any high-latency plugin for that matter, and have the automation match up with the wave form?

I have already turned on Sample Accurate Automation to Volume, Pan, Sends, and Plug-in Parameters and it did nothing. I have tried low-latency mode and also reducing my buffer size, but the latency still occurs.

Again, I'm looking for a solution that allows me to draw directly on top of the affected wave form and not trying to guess where it is in front of it.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't use DeBreather but you could try this and see if it helps:

1. Download and install this plug-in first: Expert Sleepers - Latency Fixer
  2. Insert it on the same track as your edited voice.
  3. Set the delay value to 0.734 seconds and make sure that seconds is selected in the dropdown menu.

Will this make things better or worse?

After experimenting with it by using jBridge so that 32 bit plugins could run on 64 bit versions of Logic, I'm unable to change the latency to go high enough. In order for this to be effective I would need a latency of 3+ seconds, but the Latency Fixer plugin only goes to a maximum of 1 second. There is also another downside to this plugin that makes it unusable (in my opinion), and that is that it literally delays your head marker to make up for the latency. In other words, with this plugin, the waveform that I am seeing the head marker line pass over is not the waveform that is actually being played through my speakers. The actual waveform being played is the number of seconds behind whatever your latency is set to.

Any other thoughts? I'm always open to suggestions :) Thanks for that one!