Chords of already made synths

TonyFender

Hi, I often put chord synths already made in logic pro in my songs but Logic doesn't tell what chords those synths play. So when I'm about to make a melody (who has to follow the chords) I have no idea what notes to play because Logic doesn't tell me what those chords are. Yes, I can just find the chords by ear but it would take a long time for each song.

is there a fast way to know what chords do logic synths play?

Thank you.

I think you want to know the chord progression of some apple loops. If you choose green ones, they are midi apple loops. Drag them to the arrange area and select the region. Open up the piano roll editor. You can see the chords there. If you choose a blue apple loop, it is more difficult. You probably need a plugin called melodyne that would analyze the audio file and could show you the chords. You can even alter them there. Hope this is what you are looking for.

I am not talking about the apple loops but the synths of Logic, for example with the Alchemy plugin. For the chords synths, It should be easy to know which chords they play. So I can make a melody to go along with the chords of the synth.

I suggest biting the bullet and diving into the Alchemy manual to familiarize yourself with how the synth works. You’ll be able to understand how the patches are constructed and how to determine which chords of a certain patch are programmed.

I am not talking about the apple loops but the synths of Logic, for example with the Alchemy plugin. For the chords synths, It should be easy to know which chords they play. So I can make a melody to go along with the chords of the synth.

It depends on the synth and the patch used... I would first look at the tuning of the oscillators. An example in Alchemy: the patch "Angelic Host" has four oscillators: A, B, C and D. If you hover the "Tune" knob of each oscillator, you'll see they are set as such:

logic-003.png.d81add4089b2154333163255d1d834f8.png

A = -12 (as seen on the screenshot) = root one octave below

B = 3 = minor third

C = -5 = fifth one octave below

D = 10 = minor seven

So that particular patch is playing minor 7th chords.