Beatmapping moving video file.

petejonesmusic

Hi All,

I'm trying to use beatmapping to align some hitpoints on a film cue I'm working on, but I'm having the problem whereby as soon as I add one 'beat map' marker in the global tracks, the video moves from bar 3, where I have it starting back to bar 1. It also has the same behaviour say if had spot a certain timecode, say 01:02:45:00) to start at bar 3, when I put in a beat map point it moves this timecode back to bar 1.

Any idea how to stop this behaviour? I just want the video to stay where it is, and then I can go through the film move around tempos, but I don't want the film or the timecode to start at bar 1.

Many thanks!

Pete.

The reference for your video is timecode, not beats and bars. So the video stays where it is timecode-wise. That means that if you change the tempo (the relationship between beats and timecode) then the movie will no longer be on the same bar.

But that's the whole point of beat mapping: to allow you to move beats so they land on a precise frame of the video. Just make sure you beat map from left to right, always, so that whatever mappings you've done before is not affected by new mappings you create.

Hi David,

But logic isn't even doing anything with the tempo with the first beat map marker - it just moves the whole video to the very start of the session. See attached the screenshots - for example bar 5 is mapped in this case to 01:10:00:00, when I put a beat map marker in at the start it moves this timecode to bar 1, leaving bar 5 reading 01:10:09. I want to keep bar 5 as 01:10:00 but still use beat mapping. Maybe this is not possible?

558907831_ScreenShot2017-11-17at11_04_48.thumb.png.45bd71ed8239badcb3d190a59cf6d32f.png

1729798656_ScreenShot2017-11-17at11_05_08.thumb.png.734a427e8ab69150ea9509378f3999d1.png

Ok, step by step :

I import movie into. logic, have bar 1 line up with 01:00:00:00. I go to the synchronisation window and set bar 5 to play at SMPTE 01:10:00:00. The movie lines up accordingly. I then open the beatmap global track and put a beat map marker at bar 5 (signifying the start of the tempo I have selected). What logic does is then moves the film to have 01:10:00:00 at bar 1 instead of bar 5.

Ok, step by step :

I import movie into. logic, have bar 1 line up with 01:00:00:00. I go to the synchronisation window and set bar 5 to play at SMPTE 01:10:00:00. The movie lines up accordingly. I then open the beatmap global track and put a beat map marker at bar 5 (signifying the start of the tempo I have selected). What logic does is then moves the film to have 01:10:00:00 at bar 1 instead of bar 5.

Ok apparently beat mapping resets your synchronization settings. Try readjusting those after beat mapping? You can also check and/or play with the movie timecode position under File > Project Settings > Movie.

It weirdly just every time I add a marker, moves what was in the synchronisation settings back to bar 1 - see video. I don't think anything in the project settings / movie will help this. Maybe a bug? Very frustrating - I can't quite figure a work around.

Heres a video showing it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egyps20aqu4oc0n/BeatmapProblem2.mov?dl=0