Multiple-takes, multiple-track drums

dean299

I have 8 tracks of drums (bass, snare, toms, etc.) and 15 takes in my song. To create a comped performance, is there any alternative to comping the same section in each of the 8 tracks? Like a "group flex comp" that takes the same sections from multiple tracks?

Also, how can I make a stereo track out of, say, take 12 of all the drum tracks?

Thanks!

I have 8 tracks of drums (bass, snare, toms, etc.) and 15 takes in my song. To create a comped performance, is there any alternative to comping the same section in each of the 8 tracks? Like a "group flex comp" that takes the same sections from multiple tracks?
I think that you should merge the different perc tracks into one for each of the take, and then proceed with the comping.

Also, how can I make a stereo track out of, say, take 12 of all the drum tracks?
Same thing here... Make the take 12 is the active one, solo that track and bounce the project within the region length limits (i.e. using the Cycle).