Loss of audio interface in Logic 9

michelemch

Lately, for no apparent reason, while working on Logic, I have suddenly been "losing" my audio interface, which means that the sound starts coming out of the build-in speaker of the Mac. Of course, I also lose the MIDI connection.

If I restart both the computer and the interface, it all comes back working, although usually not for longer than 10-15 minutes.

I have tried several things, such as checking hardware and cables, re-installing the Mbox 2 Pro Drivers, removing/trashing the Logic Preference file, etc., but to no avail.

Has anybody ever had this kind of problem before? I am quite surprised, as my system, althought rather obsolete, has been working really well for the past 7-8 years.

Any suggestions or solution to the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Logic 9.1.8

Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro Factory

Mac 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3)

OS X 10.6.8.

Actually, I have now isolated the cause, which is the creation of the preference files com.apple.logic.pro.list and in particular com.apple.logic.pro.cs. At the exact moment the second file is created, the "audio device has been removed". Any suggestions?

AFAIK those files are created at Logic startup if not already there, but you say it usually works for about 10-15 minutes before you lose the mbox ?

I also suspect that those files gets modified/recreated when Logic detects changes in the configuration, e.g. the removal of an interface...