Logic Pro X question about 64 bit movie

MEES

Hello,

I'm using Logic Pro 9, and I've got the problem that Logic Pro 9 can't play a movie in 64 bit. Since I'm using Kontakt, it wil only perform in 64 bit. I do alot of music for movies and commercials so I need to play a movie in 64 bit but i get a gray screen. I'm planning to update to Logic X, but I'm not sure if this problem is solved in Logic X.

I also tried to fix the problem by letting Kontakt play trough a IAC bus to my Logic Pro 9, this doesn't work properly, alot of delay and the notes on off don't work in Kontakt. I have no idea why..

I'm using a macbook Pro Touchbar: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and Logic Pro 9.1.8.

Thanks!

I'm using Logic Pro 9, and I've got the problem that Logic Pro 9 can't play a movie in 64 bit.

I remember that there was a huge issue when wanting to export your project to the movie when using the 64-bit version of Logic Pro 9.1.8.

Is the playback issue related to a change in OS X?

That could be the reason. I just got this new MacBook pro with OS Sierra cause my old one crashed, I used to work on Yosemite, but never tried to play logic 9.1.8 in 64 bit back in those days so i have no idea.

Yes I can play it quicktime. I'm guessing that Logic Pro 9 just can't play movies in 64 bit. It works in 32..

Reason I asked is because Logic leverages QuickTime's video engine to playback videos...

Okay! Thanks, but as long as I know all my videos I want to play in Logic are working in Quicktime as well.