PLEASE READ POST - ALL THIRD PARTY PLUGINS IN LOGIC VANISHED

plshelpmesisters

I tried downloading a Korg plugin pack today and after opening logic and having logic scan for the plugins, all of the plugins in the pack failed (which is fine, I don't really mind). Then, every plugin I had working in logic before hand (All of my Waves plugins, Massive, Kontakt 5, Reaktor 6, and a few more) was gone (they still work as standalones except for NI Massive). Every time I open a project I used the plugins in, it alerts me saying "The plugin ... isn't available on your system" and basically now I have nothing!

Before y'all ask, yes my core audio is enabled.

No, none of the plugins I already had are located in my plugin manager.

They're not in my Macintosh HD>library>audio>components folder but they are still in my Macintosh HD>applications folder.

There is not a trace of them anywhere in logic. Help me please, every song I have ever done contained those plugins and now it's all just gone.

Thank you in advanced to anyone who can help me fix this.

I just want to understand.

When you look in the plugin manager in Logic, all of your plugins aren't listed?

The only things I can think of are:

Are you logged in as the same user who initially installed the plugins?

Is your USB hub being recognized by the computer?(that will only help with iLok plugins)

Could you also please fill out your sig as requested by the mods of this board? That helps us in helping you.

I hope this gets resolved for you

they HAVE to be in the components folder to be seen by logic. did you erase them? are you saying they just vanished from that folder? and did you check the components folder in Home>Library>Audio>Plugins>Components?

they can't have just vanished. otherwise, you need to re-install them. audio units LIVE in the components folder... which is where logic finds them.

they HAVE to be in the components folder to be seen by logic. did you erase them? are you saying they just vanished from that folder? and did you check the components folder in Home>Library>Audio>Plugins>Components?

they can't have just vanished. otherwise, you need to re-install them. audio units LIVE in the components folder... which is where logic finds them.

I literally did nothing to that folder, after everything happened I deleted the Korg plugins that initially started all of this but thats the only thing. Before I downloaded that plugin, everything was fine. Only after I saw everything vanished did I even delete anything at all so I know for a fact I did not delete anything in that folder myself. So yes, they just vanished, I don't know what caused it to happen but that's what happened. As for reinstalling them, they still open and work as standalones so is there anything else I can do? I would hate to have to replace everything and scramble to find every license key I ever purchased and probably lost...

you deleted the korg components from that folder? and still saw your other plugins there? you've checked, and they're NOT in either components folder? then you have to reinstall (or get them from your time machine backup, if that's easier). separate from the applications, the AU's MUST be in the components folder to show up in logic.

you deleted the korg components from that folder? and still saw your other plugins there? you've checked, and they're NOT in either components folder? then you have to reinstall (or get them from your time machine backup, if that's easier). separate from the applications, the AU's MUST be in the components folder to show up in logic.

no the korg components weren't in that folder to begin with which is probably why it didn't work in the first place, it created a whole other plugins folder when I downloaded it, I deleted that one but not the one with the other plugins in it. I'll probably get them from time machine that is a smart idea

time machine. but honestly, it seems like you deleted the components folder WITH your plugins (as that's where the korg plugins would have gone... if they were AUs). either way, hopefully you can bring them back, and return to music-making.

I really didn't though because the folder itself is still there, literally the only thing I deleted was a folder named "Korg Legacy" and everything else stayed the same, and even so I only deleted that folder AFTER everything went missing so theres no possible way I could've done anything to cause this issue. Regardless, I honestly don't need an explanation, I needed a solution. Thank you.