Drummer Regions Populating with empty regions only???!

daveohiggins
Go to solution Solved by daveohiggins,

Hi Guys,

I've been using LPX's amazing virtual drumer for years now and have been getting great rersults. Reckon I'm not a newbie to the instrument...

And yet the last few days, when i make an arrangement, open up a drummer trac - as usual, it populates the arrangement regions with yellow/orange drummer regions..

Except that this time they are empty.

I've tried changing drummers, styles, drumkits, restarting the iMac/ LPX, deleting the regions and control-clicking 'populate with drummer regions'...but the same thing. Orange regions, perfectly placed to the arrangement markers...but EMPTY. really weird...

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Both of them are related. I reckon you're onto something.

99% of all my LPX songs and libraries are on my External Drive ('XHD') .

The other week, when I started Logic after having moved a song folder and its contents from my XHD to my iMac desktop, Logic started to download all the external library content anew - which would have taken hours and also clogged up my iMac desktop. so I cancelled it.

I'm back onto using my XHD - Guess somehow LPX now can't find the drummer contents the way it used to.

Question - os there any way I can revert to how things aere a few weeks back without having to completely trash the library contents and re-download? The original audio files must be still on my XHD.

Thanks again!

David thanks for this. I deleted the library.plist and restarted the iMac. The exact same issue remains - empty drummer regions, whichever combination / kit / drummer / drummer style I choose or clik on.

Weird thing is all the kits are loaded with sounds. i.e. if I click on the kit with the graphic of the kit itself, and click on snare/tom/kick/rides etc, they all play fine.

I'm getting frustrated here as i have an urgent deadline and need virtual drummer real bad... :?

• Solution

Hi David,

Ok so I tried a few things in the last 30 minutes.

Opened a totally new project. Only one single track, a drummer track. Played like a dream, all kits,styles,drummers etc.

So it must've been the song I was working on (even though I'd saved different versions the last 24 hours).

I examined it carefully to see what it might be about my song that was causing this issue. I zoomed out of the view so i could see the whole project in its entirety.

Turns out the global arrangement marker - the very last one, at the end of the song's 'outro'...went on for infinity.

I tried to delete/shorten it but arrangement markers are pesky things at times and it wouldn't budge. Figured this might be the issue - somehow, but not quite sure why?

So the workaround was to create new global 'marker' markers, convert them into new arrangement markers, and these I could edit.

Saved and reloaded the song.

Drummer is now 100% working correctly.

Too weird for words. Seems the drummers didn't want to drum a track for 'infinity', and went on strike!

Thanks for the help though.

All the best