Fade tool quit working

Arimathea
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hey guys,

My fade tool quit working, and all my fades in every region disappeared. Now when the tool is selected, it shows the fade icon, but acts just like the pointer tool, it moves the region rather than putting in a fade or cross-fade. Restart of program and computer don't help. Any ideas?

Ari

Logic 10.0.6

Ok, never shared a pic before but it shows below as an attachment, if that's right. The Track "Harmony 2" contains a comp, (1.1, 1.2 etc.) that had all crossfades before, and a fade at the end. Seems like I was working with the flex editor when it all went away. All the other tools are stil working.

Ari

756622277_Logicscreenshot.png.5f89fb0e8022a4433700c268cded1e9c.png

26573067_Logicscreenshot.png.1fc384c47cd483b51b5452da72bb4d89.png

Allright, first let me say that this is by far the most helpful forum I have ever been a part of. Excellent answers, very useful and responsive. In that context, I might mention that this is a Christmas piece that I said I would deliver in early december, which, well, starts tomorrow, technically. The piece is almost done, but its acapella, and those fades are indespensable. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Ari

Ari

Unfortunately I don't see anything wrong on your screenshot so fading should work – and using Flex should not remove fades... so your fade tool doesn't work, what if you try to apply the fades from the Region inspector instead? Select a region, click the "> More" triangle in the Region inspector and enter values for Fade in and Fade out (which can be changed to a crossfade).

More information: I just noticed some tracks farther down with regions where the fade is still showing and working. I can't edit them, the option fade icon does not show up when I command click to edit the fade on those regions, just stays on the arrow. On regions where I don't see the fades, but just the fade data in the inspector, the fade icon does not even show up with command click.

1588391009_ScreenShot2017-12-01at10_51_51AM.thumb.png.32b3c39fbff590d972b67dcfb25240d4.png

• Solution
Ok I tried that. It didn't delete any of the fade data in the inspector, or rebuild anything that I can tell. Do I need to select the regions before deleting all fade files?

No. And you won't see anything, it's all in the background, but upon pressing play, Logic rebuilds the fade file according to the fades drawn in the Tracks area.

I would recommend you update your Logic version to the latest one, Logic no longer uses a fade file.

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I took your advice and got the latest version, fades are now working. I'll get to the know the new version over time. Right now I just have to get a project out, so a couple of quick questions?

1. Comp swipe seems to work differently. I can't just click on a take and swipe, clicking it activates the take, but no click and swipe function as in 9. Where is the documentation how to do this?

2. In the track inspector, I can't scroll up to see all the effect inserts, the top ones are hidden behind the header bars, even when everything is minimized. The inspector won't scroll. I have to go over to mixer to see them, which is a pain.

Thanks for your help,

Ari

1. Comp swipe seems to work differently. I can't just click on a take and swipe, clicking it activates the take, but no click and swipe function as in 9. Where is the documentation how to do this?

2. In the track inspector, I can't scroll up to see all the effect inserts, the top ones are hidden behind the header bars, even when everything is minimized. The inspector won't scroll. I have to go over to mixer to see them, which is a pain.

Hi Ari,

Good to hear updating to the latest Logic version solved your issue!

Would you mind please posting those questions again in new threads, one for each question? This thread you've posted in is titled "Fade tool quit working" so it's not the best place to discuss those two new topics. Thanks for your understanding. :D