Only Mod Wheel will assign in Kontakt

mgmartino

So I wasn't sure if this was a Logic only topic but since it is happening within logic I thought I might start here and see.

So I am using samples in Kontakt 5.6, this is the case with any sample library, I have test 3 different ones.

I try to assign one of the CC controls (like expression, dynamics, reverb amount)

-- I control click the parameter on the screen, click learn "Learn MIDI CC# Automation"

-- Move one of the faders and/or knobs on my Arturia Keylab 61

But nothing happens, it doesn't actually control that parameter afterwards.

Now, if I follow those exact steps but move the mod wheel, instead of a fader or knob, then it maps it! But that is problematic as the mod wheel is usually linked to something else already that I want control of...Whats up with this?!

When you move a fader on your Arturia, does Logic shows some incoming data in the its LCD MIDI In readout?

In Logic's Control Surfaces prefs, does the Smart Controls Auto assignment enabled for your Arturia? If so, have tried disabling it?

Have you checked if your Arturia softwares (drivers, firmware, MIDI Control Center, etc...) are also up to date?

Did you check the documentation (MIDI Control Center) about MIDI mapping (p.20)?

• 2 weeks later...

I disabled it in Logic's Control Surfaces Prefs and Kontakt is now responding to my Arturia fader which is good so thank you !

But my fader keeps setting to CC75 which is very annoying to have to get to CC75 every time I automate. Is there away to tell kontakt I want it to learn to CC7 (the default volume MIDI automation slot) when I move my fader?

Or alternatively can I atleast have Logic save CC75 into the MIDI Automation dropdown menu?