LEMUR DAEMON - FLOATING MIDI - LOGIC PRO CS FILE - ANY SOLUTION?

A.P.

Hi there!

It`s weeks now, that I am searching the internet to solve the loss/shift of Midi Ports in my Logic Pro's CA with Lemur Daemon. I didn't find anything.

I backed up logic pros pref files and tried multiple times to restore CA on different HDDs, but it didn't work.

When closing/restarting Lemur and/or Logic, not the PC the CA stay stable, no shift…

Before I surrender to this problem, and just re-asign my cc's after every PC restart, I`ll give it a try here…

Is there any workaround ore even a solution to this problem?

I posted the same topic in V.I.-control!!

Regards, Anselm.

image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NlsdRHJarXuIHgtQcpLI_sXvS_zrKC-a/view

• 9 months later...

I did some testing with the new Logic 10.4.2 update, and I think it is fixed. When I have Logic open, and I stop the Lemur Daemon, close Logic, open Logic again, and start the Lemur Daemon, the controller assignments are still connected to the Daemon.

Here's the fix from Apple:

Controller assignments mapped to TouchOSC Bridge no longer lose the mapping if the TouchOSC port is temporarily not available.

I think this applies to other OSC devices as well.

The best solution I’ve found when working with the Lemur Daemon is to route Lemur itself to IAC ports and then those IAC ports to the Lemur Daemon. This way if the Lemur Daemon quits working, your IAC ports are still working in Logic.

I tried this method too, but the lag was to big in my environment.