Latest High Sierra killed Waveburner.

Kim Olesen
Go to solution Solved by techygeezer,

This won’t help u I’m aware, WB has been buggy for ages and unreliable IMHO. I guess it’s no longer supported by Apple, at least was not updated for a very long time. I’m using HOFA CD-Burn.DDP.Master

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp-master/

This is the new version of their ‘CD & DDP Master’ previous app, should be High Sierra compatible though I can’t tell for sure.

This won’t help u I’m aware, WB has been buggy for ages and unreliable IMHO. I guess it’s no longer supported by Apple, at least was not updated for a very long time. I’m using HOFA CD-Burn.DDP.Master

This is the new version of their ‘CD & DDP Master’ previous app, should be High Sierra compatible though I can’t tell for sure.

Been thinking of getting that one, knowing WB wouldn’t last forever.

CD mastering has become MUCH less attractive as close to nobody buys CDs any longer. I copied Waveburner over from 2 systems now (we could just copy/paste the app as no special library installs were necessary) because I occasionally needed it. Buggy? I am surprised, I _never_ came across a bug that I would remember, it just worked well enough to get the job done (zooming is quite a pain). If Apple decides to drop it what can we do except buying another app (thanks for the link btw).

For the time being I celebrate to stick to Sierra then...

You're right about decline re: demand for CDs Jurgen. The only reason why I need a pro, reliable flawless tool for DDP images is to have some batch of factory-produced CDs of my album to send to the few radios that requested them. I'd rather have it done in a pro way from end to end, and won't take the risk that an image is rejected by the factory.

Samples of reports here about WB being buggy:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123082&p=629459

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73&p=535916

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101511&p=530738

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99588&p=520188

The list is long...

Bought the Hofa app. It is really good.

@Kim, good to hear you this solution seems fine.

@MikeTheKnight, I simply use an Apple SuperDrive. Perfectly OK with all kinds of basic tasks. Any batch of pro-quality CDs, I have printed by a pro factory, though (sending them a DDP image).

Hofa is so easy to work with. I didn’t even need to read the manual.

• 4 weeks later...

It is not only, that each and every update sized down the Logic 9 version, the last but one killed soundtracks, which is now completely deinstalled under Sierra and now waveburner is shot down. Thanks to Apple.

In Windows the old ones are still readable over 25 years and Apple forced to buy and buy or have NO alternative.

When Apple cut down the old one, where are the alternatives?

Logic was the reason why I chosed a system change for Apple and not continuing the Gates softly ware ....

Final Cut is also a battle field of "not been satisfied" ...

For WB is a HOFA burner to expensive.

For old Logic files, what should I do.

I'm really pis ...

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Ouch. I still use waveburner for DDP authoring. It says to reinstall but i am not even sure i have the old L9 package. Any good ninja mind tricks that’ll allow Waveburner to run?

I have just purchased and tested HOFA and can confirm it is an absolute steal and a brilliant program for £64! It is much better than Waveburner, which I have used since 2011 and CD Architect that UI used for years before that. As a professional music producer, I recommend this product.