Playhead Position Not at Beginning of Cycle Range With Return Key

rickenbacker360
Go to solution Solved by vanhaze,

Brand new to LPX 10.3.2. Trying to read up but can't find an answer.

In LP 9, when I hit the enter (return) key, my playhead went to beginning (left side) of cycle range. In LPX it goes to position 1-1-1-1.

I want the playhead to go to beginning of Cycle range so I can easily edit and be sure I'm exactly at the leftmost point in the cycle. This is not possible the way I'm configured now.

Help!

Thanks

• Solution

In the Keycommands window, check the action "Stop" (under Global Commands).

This action will first jump the Playhead to the Left Locator and then, when executed a second time, jump the Playhead to the very beginning of the Project.

Also, the action "Go to Left Locator" will just jump the Playhead to the Left Locator.

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards.

Thank you vanhaze. I made it work by altering global key command for "Go To Left Locator" to something I can live with.

Good to hear. But for what it's worth, in earlier versions of Logic Pro X the return key was assigned the "Stop" command, which as explained alternates between stop/return to beginning (cycle off) or stop/go to left locator/return to beginning (cycle on).

Thank you vanhaze. I made it work by altering global key command for "Go To Left Locator" to something I can live with.

In Keycommands window, did you try to assign the RETURN key to the Action: "Stop" ?

Cause seems to me that would bring back the original wishful L9 behaviour for you ..