New update

stpro

New update will come winter namm 2018?

Seems like a good guess... but when you know how software release dates are internally scheduled and very often pushed back, sometimes only a day before the scheduled release, even if someone 'in the know' were to post information about a release date, it wouldn't be reliable anyway.

I think the update depends more on the release of the the new iMac Pro. I could see Apple releasing something exciting in Logic and FCP that helps to pimp the new machine.

No automation latency for freakin EVERYTHING within Logic, no matter what you do nor whatever plugin you use?

User configured color palette?

I think for that feature, we need the "best iMac ever built" (until in 12 months the next "best iMac ever built" comes), otherwise our existing Mac machines will go into stack overflow when trying to handle non-by-Apple-defined colors :D

I wonder what percentage of music producers will be purchasing the new iMac Pro? While I'm certain some pro studios and some film composers will be interested, I would guess that most music producers won't be able to justify the huge price tag for their needs. The "normal" iMac is plenty capable, and the price jump to the iMac Pro is mostly likely better spent somewhere else... but then again it depends on each one's individual needs.

Still I wouldn't think it's more than 1%. Which means I don't believe Apple would go out of their way to release both simultaneously. But we should know the answer soon(ish?).

I wonder what percentage of music producers will be purchasing the new iMac Pro? While I'm certain some pro studios and some film composers will be interested, I would guess that most music producers won't be able to justify the huge price tag for their needs. The "normal" iMac is plenty capable, and the price jump to the iMac Pro is mostly likely better spent somewhere else... but then again it depends on each one's individual needs.

Still I wouldn't think it's more than 1%. Which means I don't believe Apple would go out of their way to release both simultaneously. But we should know the answer soon(ish?).

True. But they might do it from a marketing angle. Unveil new iMacPro, demo some new stuff from Adobe and FCP that makes it look great...then maybe - just maybe - they will throw a bone to us musos in the demo too. (I can dream anyway!) :)

True. But they might do it from a marketing angle. Unveil new iMacPro, demo some new stuff from Adobe and FCP that makes it look great...then maybe - just maybe - they will throw a bone to us musos in the demo too. (I can dream anyway!) :)

Well, it would definitely be a fun thing to watch. A huge Logic Pro X 10.4 session with the new "Virtual Composer Assist™" plug-in running on a top-of-the-line iMac Pro. :mrgreen:

This is could be even worse for professional studios, IF the new iMac Pro MUST run High Sierra or higher. Because apps compatible with High Sierra is still an issue. I don't think that professional studios just jump onto every new Mac hardware just for the sake of it. At least not without intesively testing on testing computers first ;)

I don't think that professional studios just jump onto every new Mac hardware just for the sake of it. At least not without intesively testing on testing computers first ;)

What I've seen around Los Angeles is studios continuing to work on their current set ups while an assistant puts together a new system based on the latest technology, but that new system not being actually used for professional sessions before it's been thoroughly tested.

I don't think that professional studios just jump onto every new Mac hardware just for the sake of it. At least not without intesively testing on testing computers first ;)

What I've seen around Los Angeles is studios continuing to work on their current set ups while an assistant puts together a new system based on the latest technology, but that new system not being actually used for professional sessions before it's been thoroughly tested.

I would do it the same way. Too many risks to loose to much money.

From everything I can tell, this may be one of the most narrow niche products Apple has ever made. I am struggling to find anyone other than high end rendering people that would benefit from this (especially with an eye towards the premium needed to fully take advantage of this product) over a maxed out regular imac which in many cases would actually be faster. A modular mac pro may be a different story if ever released. So for now I think the imac pro is a narrow product looking for a market.