Backing Tracks and Concert Production

Skillenadam

Hello!

I'm new to this site and my ignorance is vast! lol... Anyway, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with my current dilemma. I have a 5 piece band. (I'm just the drummer, so bear with me.) I am trying to take our show to the next level. We are often requested to assist with our local Best of Broadway productions, and other "larger" scale musical productions. I have just gotten into the idea of using backing tracks to assist us with parts we don't have. We also do some recording as well. What is the fastest way to learn Logic Pro X and MainStage?

I am finding that although I know what they CAN do, I don't know HOW to get there. It's rather frustrating and I'm wasting hours and hours of time watching youtube videos that don't answer all my questions or tell me how to accomplish what I need to accomplish.

Right now, I'm having an issue with how best to separate a backing track I've created in Logic Pro so that I can hear the click along with the backing tracks, and everyone else just hears the tracks. It might help if you know what gear I'm currently using:

iMac desktop with Logic Pro X and MainStage installed

Cymatic Audio LR-16 Live recorder which also works as a 16 in/2 out audio interface

Behringer SX2442FX Eurodesk Sound board (we have a few boards, but this is what we use the most.)

6 channel headphone amp

Mics, cables, lights and accoutrements galore

The band consists of 4 singers and me on the drums.

Keyboard

2 guitars

bass player

Ultimately, I'd like to automate a lot of our show using MainStage with support in the form of backing tracks from Logic Pro. But given that I can't even figure out how to effectively and efficiently separate a simple backing track so that I can hear the click and everyone else just gets the backing tracks, I clearly have a ton to learn! (And I don't even know where to start!)

I have recorded our track in mono so that hopefully, I can plug the TRS Stereo plug from the back of the interface, which has red and white audio on the other end into a splitter cable that goes from R/W audio to T/S 1/4" into a stereo channel then just mute the left channel (Click) and they will get the backing tracks. (Right) Then plug my headphones into the Control Room headphones jack and hopefully, I'll have both channels which will give me the click? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!