Can I create two USB MIDI inputs?

angelonyc

I have been looking into Sample Modeling virtual instruments and SWARM sample modeling instruments.. They use no samples, They work best with a breath controller and offer amazing sound capability.

I have been looking at TECcontrol USB MIDI Breath and Bite Controller.. It also makes use of head angle.. It generates 4 independent CC event streams.

I'm wondering how to connect it.. I couldn't find an answer in Logic Manual, nor did Apple Enterprise have any answer for me..

I assume I would go to environment and create the Breath Controller input, (besides my kbd controller. I'm just wondering if it works fine.. I don't want to spend $200 to discover it might not work.

Anyone with experience in this matter?

Thanx.

I assume I would go to environment and create the Breath Controller input, (besides my kbd controller.

No, there's no need to go in the environment, or do anything at all in Logic for that matter: Logic routes all incoming MIDI data to the R-enabled track in the Tracks area.

So all you have to do is connect the USB cable, and if there's a USB driver for the device, then install it on your Mac, and you're done. You can have as many MIDI inputs as you'd like.

Never used it myself but according to DanRad, it works fine with Logic. He even made a video for it: