Exporting From Waveburner

mmonagan

Yes, I know, I know, Waveburner is crap but it seems to be working for me (I tried Quattro but had too many problems). I'm mastering a CD and want to send the files to the manufacturer. I can make a CD (they don't accept DDP) but I'd like to send them the project electronically. Can someone tell me what export function I use in WB to send the files so they arrive as if I've sent them a CD? Does that make sense? Thanks!!

I really can't recommend using WaveBurner. Not because it's "crap" to use per se, but because it can cause problems such as clicks and (at one time at least) 15 bit audio.

Do you really want to risk these kinds of errors with a project you've likely spent many hours on? Get yourself Sonoris DDP Creator and do the editing in Logic Pro.

DSP-Quattro is not very intuitive and has some bugs as well, I agree.

DDP Creator is a breeze, but you need to do the editing in Logic Pro first, then export files to DDP Creator.

Remember to edit (cut) in Logic Pro with divisions (Snap: Division) and with a tempo of 281,25 BPM @ 44.1 kHz. This ensures you edit in CD frame timing. Anything else and your timing will be off or cause clicks in your DDP/CD editor, this includes WaveBurner.

From DDP Creator you can export the project as a DDP which is the best and normal way of sending a CD electronically. I've never heard of a factory that doesn't accept DDP as that's the standard, even for small batches. What's this manufacturer?