Save As Template (but WHERE?)

skylark
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

I just tried to save a new project template and --instead of Logic happily putting the new template in the chooser-- I was met with a dialog box I never saw (shown below).

I've looked for the folder but... no success.

Can anyone point me to it? Thanks!

Skylark

(btw... I've had a couple of these kinda things turn up since updating to High Sierra.)

515961396_ScreenShot2017-12-12at7_50_46PM.jpg.efdaf6acbb8d8120cd16b2b373ef6d2e.jpg

Don't worry about the location of the factory default templates - save it to a folder of your choice (why not in User/myname/Music/Logic/ MyTempies) your templates will appear at launch in a separate User Templates folder (screenshot).

116468212_ScreenShot.png.7820d08dc7051beb0b810d1112c07681.png

If you want them to look like factory templates try (I didn't so I don't know if it works) to drag your own template from your own folder into the hidden one and see if it works. I only did that with Logic 8 or so and it did work but I find it pointless now.

default templates.pngMy bad I didn't read your entire post carefully.

What about the default user template folder, does it exist?

The path I described is pointing to what used to be my default template folder. How it now has that path is beyond me. But that's my old default folder...

• Solution

You’ve run into this issue due to the latest change in file system when updating to High Sierra.

Read this article first:

Small warning when updating to macOS 10.13 High Sierra - Logic Pro Help

If you recognize the issue, try this:

1. Quit Logic Pro X.
  2. Delete the Alias ~/Music/Audio Music Apps then create a new folder on this location and give it the name Audio Music Apps.
  3. Open the Terminal and paste this code followed by enter:

open /.HFS+\ Private\ Directory\ Data?/

A new Finder window will reveal your hidden content.

4. Copy the content inside the 'dir_######' folder and paste it inside your new Audio Music Apps folder.
  5. Relaunch Logic Pro X.