Plugin Boutique Scaler Midi Routing

kokobeware

I'm trying the demo and want to be able to play one note C2-C3 in the Unbind Midi Mode and have it trigger and record the full chords using any Soft Synth.

-if I load Scaler as a Midi FX and a Soft Synth on the same track, Scaler won't pass the midi thru to the Soft Synth

-if I load Scaler as a Midi FX, insert an External Instrument and set the Output to IAC Bus, then on another Instrument Track, insert a Soft Synth, record enable both tracks and select the track with Scaler, it will trigger and record the full chords but it will also play and record the C2-C3 notes with the chords which are clashing and shouldn't be recorded

-If I load Scaler as an Instrument, I can trigger C-2-C3 and have it properly trigger the chords without hearing those notes but you have to use the plugin's internal piano or synths and you can't get your midi out that you played in real time

-I guess this is similar to keyswitches, I don't want the keyswitches to sound or record

-is there a way to put a midi filter after the IAC bus and have it filter out that octave?

-I know that certain voices, the bottom notes of the chords might end up in that octave and I'd have to put those back in

-am I overthinking this and there's a much simpler way? any help would be appreciated thanks

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3933-Scaler

• 2 weeks later...