Logic 10.3.3 released!

anp27

Ouch - I'm a heavy Spectrasonics user too. Can anybody confirm this as a new problem? And I'm esp. interested in Sierra installations - thx!

Everything is fine so far over here on MacPro, Sierra, Omnisphere2, Trilian and Keyscape.

Only got some glitches with iLok plugins (MetricHalo, iZotope and Melodyne4), that could not be recognized. That was fixed by re-installing the iLok manager software.

Thx Atlas! By now I've moved - both, to my new MBP and to 10.3.3 - and everything's fine too. All Spectrasonics plugins behave as they should.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think HS is really ready, for anything other than a basic consumer use case (ie, a more or less clean install, only using the core apps, Mail/Safari etc).

Some people are doing ok with it, others have various issues, but for demanding pro use where you require many third-party tool and hardware... I don't trust it.

i'm just going to say this: LX 10.3.3 running on high sierra here (10.13.3beta) is stellar; stable, sane. and, for the first time on my macbook pro, i NEVER get system overloads.

it's important to remember that 'one size does not fit all', that our experiences are affected by our hardware, our interfaces, our software, plugins... just read these forums (or any apple-centric forums); 1 person's rocking on el capitan, another has issues there, another still thinks 10.6.8 is the best OS, ad infinitum.

personally, am happy as could be (with my present LX experience).

SculliD HI

If everything is stable I wouldn't budge, I have a friend on Yosemite and will never update as his Logic version is working perfectly.

I notice you have PT9, I doubt that will work with High Sierra, and you need to double check about your Universal Audio stuff being compatible. Good luck.

SculliD HI

If everything is stable I wouldn't budge, I have a friend on Yosemite and will never update as his Logic version is working perfectly.

I notice you have PT9, I doubt that will work with High Sierra, and you need to double check about your Universal Audio stuff being compatible. Good luck.

Yeah I'm still on Mavericks and not moving because I've finally got all my plate balancing in place!

I never get crashes in Logic. Stability's one of its best features. I've had a few lockups related to plugins, yes. But a good old fashioned BANG, out of the blue she's gone type of crash I can't remember. And yet, I just had one. This was on ElCap w/ 10.3.3, and it was a memory allocation that went bad. This after struggling with the Finder, which was going up to check on the 42 virgins during a file copy, and apparently liking what it found, 'cause it wasn't coming back. Repeatedly, after restarting it. I've had bad luck with mac OS 10.11. And Logic 10.3.2 is promising, just a little buggy.

On the positive side of moving forward, Logic 10.3.3 seems to be spreading the load on threads better even than 10.3.2, which lends credence to fisherking's enthusiastic reports. And it's a bug fix release. That's tempting. Seems that El Cap is a half-baked Sierra more than an an advanced Yosemite, kind of like High Sierra seems a half-baked version of way too many future ideas, best to leave that to people who have the time. I'll try one more spin of the wheel with Sierra + 10.3.3.

I'm not sure I can remember what essential features in 10.3 would make anyone with actual work to get done leave the tranquil waters of Logic 10.2.4 under Yosemite. That may turn out to be a primo plateau, a bit like Logic 9.1.8 under Snow Leopard. But let's make sure we're not missing an opportunity ... maybe this will be the one ... that's how we waste so much time.

Would anyone recommend that I NOT update to 10.3.3 based on my signature?

The safest way to do this is by Option dragging the Logic app to create a copy. Name it "10.3.2". Right click and create a .zip file of it by choosing "Compress". Then update. If anything at all goes wrong, just delete 10.3.3. and revert back to your 10.3.2 backup. Trying it yourself is the only true way of finding out whether it's safe to upgrade since we don't have the same computer/plugins/etc as you. Personally 10.3.3 has been fantastic.

Right click and create a .zip file of it by choosing "Compress".

That' step is extra safe, but unnecessary in my experience. I have all my Logic versions in my App folder in my system, so that I can easily close one version and open another one without having to compress/uncompress them every time, which would be... crazy. :lol:

Right click and create a .zip file of it by choosing "Compress".

That' step is extra safe, but unnecessary in my experience. I have all my Logic versions in my App folder in my system, so that I can easily close one version and open another one without having to compress/uncompress them every time, which would be... crazy. :lol:

Oh, I guess you have multiple versions of Logic going? I only have one version of Logic going at a single time. I upload the .zip to an online backup cloud as well as a local external drive, then I delete the old version once I've verified that the new version is working ok.

Oh, I guess you have multiple versions of Logic going? I only have one version of Logic going at a single time. I upload the .zip to an online backup cloud as well as a local external drive, then I delete the old version once I've verified that the new version is working ok.

Well I have only one running at any given time, but I have many of them available in my app folder, should I need to run an older one.

But even in your case, there's no need to zip it, it won't change a thing. Just giving it a different name (which you do by adding the version number) prevents the App Store from overwriting it.