Logic 10.3.3 released!

anp27

Just saw it in the App Store :) Seems to be only bug fixes and preparations for the newly released iMac Pro.

Full release notes:

New Features/Enhancements

Logic Pro X now supports up to 36 cores.

Sculpture and Amp Designer are now optimized for iMac Pro, and deliver up to 12 times the performance compared to previous versions.

Sculpture offers a new high-definition mode that provides higher string resolution.

Stability and Reliability

Loops, Channel Strip settings and other content are again available on Macs using APFS (Apple File System), and on which Logic 8 or Logic 9 had been installed prior to Logic Pro X.

Logic no longer quits unexpectedly:

Sometimes when user loops created in Logic Pro X 10.0.7 - 10.1.1 are dragged into the Tracks area.

When adjusting the left corner off a region in projects that contain an Environment Macro that includes a Sysex fader.

When the Enter key is pressed to start a bounce while the mouse is being used to adjust the start or end point of the bounce.

When the Tracks menu is selected while the Audio File Editor is open with no audio region loaded.

When Repeat Section is used on a region in an Electronic Drummer track.

When previewing audio in the Audio Bin after enabling Transient Editing in the Audio File Editor.

Sometimes when on a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar the Shift key is used to add to the region selection in the Tracks area where the Score window has focus.

When the Shift and Option keys are used while adjusting the length of notes in an independent Event List window.

Sometimes when inserting Program Change events into the Piano Roll in MIDI Draw view.

When right-clicking a line break in the Score.

When pressing OK to confirm a clef change in the Score.

Logic no longer sometimes hangs when the "Convert Sustain Pedal to Note Length" Score function is used.

Plug-ins

Sidechain detection is no longer delayed when the side chain source is a Software Instrument track in Live Mode.

Latency compensation now works reliability with plug-ins inserted as Dual Mono or Multichannel.

Amp Designer no longer sometimes changes gain unexpectedly after stopping or repositioning the Playhead.

Tracks that include MIDI plug-ins again play back when frozen.

Scripter now reliably transmits MIDI events on time in scripts that start with a Needs TimingInfo = true statement.

Software Instrument tracks that include a Scripter plug-in no longer sometimes reset the instrument to a default sound when the project is reloaded or the audio driver is relaunched.

Tracks using the EXS24 Coffee Shop Percussion or Latin Percussion instruments now play in sync when triggered by the Scripter “Drum Probability Sequencer” script.

Alchemy

Alchemy no longer fails to show its installed Library in certain very rare cases.

Editing

The Piano Roll now reliably shows velocity bars on notes the first time it is opened after recording MIDI into a new project.

The Piano Roll again shows MIDI notes as they are being recorded.

The length display of notes in the Event List is now reliably correct in projects that include time signature changes.

The Step Editor now updates immediately as notes are moved using the Finger Tool.

Vertical Auto-zoom again works correctly in the Audio Track Editor.

The keystroke combination to temporarily limit dragging to one direction in the Piano Roll again works as expected.

Roland U-110 synth modules no longer display a check sum error when an associated Sysex Fader in the Environment is adjusted.

It is again possible to create velocity ramps in MIDI Draw that maintain the existing relative values of note velocities.

Accessibility

It is again possible to modify the start and end time of a bounce using Voiceover

The VoiceOver cursor now reliably remains functional when shortening a region at all zoom levels.

Navigating into an open Take Folder with VoiceOver no longer causes a continuous system beep.

Switching from the Main Window Piano Roll to the Score with Voiceover no longer causes the editor to close.

Using the Shift key with the cursor with VoiceOver to adjust the granularity of movement while positioning the Playhead no longer causes a Logic is Busy alert or an unexpected hang.

Adjusting the loop length of a Drummer region with VoiceOver no longer causes the loop handle to sometimes jump unexpectedly to the next region in the track.

Score

There is no longer a large unexpected offset when inserting objects into the score in page mode in documents with multiple pages.

Brackets for Guide Accidentals in the Score are again visible as expected.

Track Alternatives

Packing regions into a folder no longer causes Track Alternatives on other tracks to disappear.

Hidden Track Alternatives that are packed into a Folder no longer display in the wrong position when viewed inside the Folder.

Export/Rendering

Bouncing a project while Logic is downloading content no longer sometimes results in bounced files with corrupted audio.

Mono tracks that contain Mono > Stereo plug-ins again playback as stereo after they are frozen.

Takes/Comping

Comping now works correctly when the “Select Tracks on Region Selection” preference is turned on.

Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers

Waveform zoom again works as expected with Mackie C4 control surfaces.

Logic no longer displays an incorrect “Incompatible EuCon version” error with EuCon software version 3.7.

Movies

Movies now play back when the Show/Hide Movie command is used while the movie preview is closed in the Inspector.

General

MIDI settings for External Instruments that are saved as part of a Patch are now reliably maintained when the patch is reloaded.

Setting a Track Delay on an External MIDI track no longer sometimes affects the timing and note lengths of notes on other tracks.

The note overview of MIDI regions now updates immediately to reflect changes to the region content when Automation is visible.

Notes sent to External MIDI tracks no longer sometimes hang when using Rewind or Rewind by Division when there is a Track Delay set for the External Instrument track.

Custom icons now are reliably sorted into the correct order on Macs with APFS formatted drives.

Logic now successfully create project backups on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

The Musical Grid now shows reliably when it is set as the secondary ruler.

Nice! But i believe they have Logic Pro X 10.4 almost ready as well with a lot more improvements and features. They probably didn't made it in time alongside with iMac Pro release, but they have to release an update to offer support for it.

you believe this because??? am just amazed when people post things like this: "i think this will happen" "I believe that...". or is there some evidence? i mean, LXP 10.4 will happen, of course. only... no one knows when that is (except a handful of music nerds locked in a basement room at apple HQ).

anyway....

Nice! But i believe they have Logic Pro X 10.4 almost ready as well with a lot more improvements and features. They probably didn't made it in time alongside with iMac Pro release, but they have to release an update to offer support for it.

you believe this because??? am just amazed when people post things like this: "i think this will happen" "I believe that...". or is there some evidence? i mean, LXP 10.4 will happen, of course. only... no one knows when that is (except a handful of music nerds locked in a basement room at apple HQ).

anyway....

Erm..i mean i *think". Maybe because Final Cut was updated to 10.4 at the same time. They probably don't have all the features ready for Logic 10.4. That's why we see only 10.3.3 with just important fixes. Of course i can be wrong. A lot of time past since 10.3.2 release and Apple usually brings much more fixes and features with its updates.

Use the Pointer Tool in the Piano Roll Editor. Make sure the Velocity lane is visible below the notes, hold down CMD key while you drag over the velocities and the line you draw will change the velocities proportionally. Try it, but don't use too much of an angle or you'll blow all your notes too loud or too soft.

anyway....

Erm..i mean i *think". Maybe because Final Cut was updated to 10.4 at the same time. They probably don't have all the features ready for Logic 10.4. That's why we see only 10.3.3 with just important fixes. Of course i can be wrong. A lot of time past since 10.3.2 release and Apple usually brings much more fixes and features with its updates.

FCPX 10.4 has been mentioned, but is not out yet. anyway, LXP 10.4 will happen... whenever the gods on mount apple allow it.

FCPX 10.4 has been mentioned, but is not out yet. anyway, LXP 10.4 will happen... whenever the gods on mount apple allow it.

FCPX 10.4 is out...at least i can see it in my Appstore.

What does this even MEAN? I hope it means it sounds 12-times better...

I suppose it means it can take advantage of the new Mac's power to make it more efficient, therefore requiring less CPU to run. On some machines, with certain patches, a single instance of Sculpture can sometimes trip up the processor with lower buffer sizes, which can be an issue... so it's good if they resolved it!

Well the last couple of years 'the gods on mount apple' have bestowed a 'point 1' update on the Logic tribe the day before Winter NAMM.

Of course 'the gods on mount apple' have many greater concerns and the Logic tribe is but a small tribe.

Well the last couple of years 'the gods on mount apple' have bestowed a 'point 1' update on the Logic tribe the day before Winter NAMM.

Of course 'the gods on mount apple' have many greater concerns and the Logic tribe is but a small tribe.

Not that small.

And I agree with you, the best way to predict the future is to look at the past. ;)

bug not fixed .