Midi Clock Loop

redgreenblue

I’m having a MIDI clock battle and so far I am losing. My rig has two MOTU MIDI Express XT interfaces. When I set Logic’s Midi Sync to ‘All’ the tempo going to all of my synths arps/sequencers is multiplied by 8 I think. If I set it to just one device on that interface things work as expected. If I send the clock to two devices on that interface the tempo is doubled. But this I don’t believe this is a physical midi loop going on because I will unplug the OUT from the various synths. I’ve even had them all powered off except for the one synth I’m using for testing the issue.

For testing I’m using the synth’s own arpeggiator, in this case it is a Novation Nova. But I was having the same issue with my MoPho and BS2.

I don’t think it is an issue with this specific interface because in my recent move I ended making what used to be interface #2 become interface #1. So the issue has persisted with two different interfaces.

I have used Clockworks to filter out the system realtime info from the various ins and outs and succeeds in stopping clock from going to Nova, but I want clock to go to the Nova. If I filter it out on everything but the Nova and then have clock going to more than one device on that interface the issue persists.

I have Logic using it’s internal Clock.

While this isn’t any issue when I’m recording, I can switch Logic’s sync to address the specific synth I want as needed, I’m trying to setup my rig so I can use the various arps and sequencers on the hardware synths in real time.

• 3 years later...