Differences from Logic 9 to X, comp swipe and views

Arimathea

David,

I took your advice and got the latest version, fades are now working. I'll get to the know the new version over time. Right now I just have to get a project out, so a couple of quick questions?

1. Comp swipe seems to work differently. I can't just click on a take and swipe, clicking it activates the take, but no click and swipe function as in 9. Where is the documentation how to do this?

2. In the track inspector, I can't scroll up to see all the effect inserts, the top ones are hidden behind the header bars, even when everything is minimized. The inspector won't scroll. I have to go over to mixer to see them, which is a pain.

Thanks for your help,

Ari

I took your advice and got the latest version, fades are now working.

Good to hear! :D

1. Comp swipe seems to work differently. I can't just click on a take and swipe, clicking it activates the take, but no click and swipe function as in 9. Where is the documentation how to do this?

Make sure you're in Quick Swipe Comping mode? If you're in edit mode, click the little scissors button ("Quick Swipe Comping" button) on the take folder to go back to QSC mode. Here's the official manual link: Comping Overview.

2. In the track inspector, I can't scroll up to see all the effect inserts, the top ones are hidden behind the header bars, even when everything is minimized. The inspector won't scroll. I have to go over to mixer to see them, which is a pain.

I know. This is a huge bug in Logic's GUI in my opinion. I've never seen before software showing you only part of a pane without any way to scroll to see the remaining part. I'm afraid you have to either live with it, or hide some parts of the channel strips (Control-click > Channel Strip Components > ...), close the Region and Track inspector(s)... or open the Mixer as you said. :(

David,

Thanks for the good news and bad news. That gets my comp take swipe working. Looks like Logic X is different enough that I should buy the book. I'm sure you have a link for that on here somewhere.

On the bad news---Really? Inspector can't scroll up? I could always do that in Logic 9, where did it go? I hope that's high on the "fix list" for the next update.

Ari