Logic won't start anymore

Marzj
Go to solution Solved by Marzj,

Since I've updated Sierra 10.12.6 and the latest Logic Pro update 10.3.3, Logic is not opening anymore. It get stuck, I'm looking at a apple beachball and that's it.... I need to force quit to stop.

because of my audio device has no update for high Sierra yet, I can't go there. But I don't think that would be a problem. I'm using an iMac late 2013

Does anyone know what to do?

When I tried to apply changes to build-in setting, the beachball is back...

Try Logic Pro X > Preferences > Reset All Preferences Except Key Commands. Quit Logic and restart holding down Control to disable the core audio driver. Then make sure in the audio preferences, the "Core Audio" checkbox is disabled. Change the devices to built-in and enable core audio...?

ow ok, because I read that somewhere... happy to know!

I've found out something. I do live streams on Twitch.tv and I'm using Logic for that. The only way to be able to hear everything I used to work with the following settings:

In Logic: audio preferences -> input = my audio device (Komplete audio 6) and output = multi output device

In my Mac: audio midi setup --> I added multi audio device and checked both my Komplete audio 6 and built-in output

Also in my Mac, the only way to hear Logic and iTunes I need to put my input settings to my complete audio 6 and output settings to my built-in headphones.

That worked until I did the latest update. Now Logic refuse to open when I set the multi audio device on my output in Logic....

I don't know if you have any experience with this ??

So at least when I compose and not streaming I can work simply using my complete audio 6 in- and output,

but when I stream online I cannot use the multi output anymore....

• 3 years later...
Ok let's try something else. Quit Logic. In the Finder, hold down Option as you click the Go menu (top of the screen). Choose "Library". Inside the Library, open the Preferences folder and delete "com.apple.logic10.plist". Restart your Mac and try to open Logic.

Hi, I've got the same problem, usin Logic 10.6.1 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. I got to these instructions, but they didn't work and (un)fortunately the other person didn't need help after that.

Hi! Ignore my latest request for help, I tinkered a bit waiting for a reply and solved it on my own!

I was such an idiot: because I was inactive as a musician for so long, ALL my stuff was super outdated. I have updated East West Play, my Waves plugins, iLok and the drivers for my audio interface and now Logic will finally properly start.

So a lesson for everyone coming here after me with the same problem: update EVERYTHING and try again.

Some feedback for the creators of Logic: please make Logic start up when Audio Units are out of date, but create a nice popup window that says which one needs an update before continuing, even when it's a third party plugin. I think such a small bit of communication can help a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! Ignore my latest request for help, I tinkered a bit waiting for a reply and solved it on my own!

I was such an idiot: because I was inactive as a musician for so long, ALL my stuff was super outdated. I have updated East West Play, my Waves plugins, iLok and the drivers for my audio interface and now Logic will finally properly start.

So a lesson for everyone coming here after me with the same problem: update EVERYTHING and try again.

Some feedback for the creators of Logic: please make Logic start up when Audio Units are out of date, but create a nice popup window that says which one needs an update before continuing, even when it's a third party plugin. I think such a small bit of communication can help a lot.

That's not always possible. According to Logic they were already valid and are ready to go and run stable, so it tries to run up. Somewhere over the time though, other things have lead this plugins to be "invalid" Logic doesn't know it and it will try to start regardless. It's the outdated code in the actual plugins that prevent it from loading. Ironically, the reason why Logic loads in the order in which it does is to make sure the integrity of everything is up to scratch. Also to possibly test for anything malicious since security is strong focus of Apple.

That's not always possible. According to Logic they were already valid and are ready to go and run stable, so it tries to run up. Somewhere over the time though, other things have lead this plugins to be "invalid" Logic doesn't know it and it will try to start regardless. It's the outdated code in the actual plugins that prevent it from loading. Ironically, the reason why Logic loads in the order in which it does is to make sure the integrity of everything is up to scratch. Also to possibly test for anything malicious since security is strong focus of Apple.

Thank you for your clear explanation :) I understand!