Apple Loop Browser Folder Structure

Creature
Go to solution Solved by Creature,

Finally on Logic X, i noticed the folder structure is a bit different then in Logic 9.

Opening the loop browser in Logic 9, i used to see all loops or all folder without sub folders.

Now in Logic X i see all loops and sub folders only. To see those sub folders you have to goto "Loop Packs" what kinda sucks.

Is there a way when you open the loop browser, the first thing you see (like in 9) are the folders without going to loop packs?

Thanx

Edited by Creature

Yeah, i've tried all that, but that's not really what i'm looking for. Like in Logic 9 i could see or select the folders that i've actually created myself or put in the Apple loops folder. From many sample cd's i've created apple loops like Vengeance Essential House. That folder showed up in my loop browser in Logic 9. Clicking on it in the loop browser and i see the loops from that selected folder only. That option/structure is gone than i guess?

“Have you tried clicking the "Genre" or "Mood" buttons?

Note that you can hold Shift to select multiple buttons... “

“Toggle what?”, ….. Toggle your Selections On/Off.

David said, to use the Shift key here, which works, but if you use the Command key you can select like “Instruments” and “Moods” only, where there is no way to do that except with the Command key. A minor option, but just trying to help on that point.

Actually, it may be quicker for you to just use the search bar, to narrow down to what you are trying to find. ?

In Logic 9 i could see all my apple loop folders in the apple loop browser. That option is gone i see. I never used genres or moods as i created all my apple loops from .wav existing sample packs without genre or mood tags.

Anyway, i'm now viewing the folders from the browsers and select "all files". From there i can goto my apple loop folders.

This view i had in the loopbrowser in Logic 9.

7a10c85d9d.png

In Logic X you only see subfolders

7a57107387.png

You are looking at two difference browsers....

In #1 you are in the file browser ( you can press F to toggle in and out of it.)

I believe the OP is aware of that, he wanted to show an example of a list of the top folders he wishes he could see in Logic X the same way he did in Logic 9. It wasn't clear to me right away but I believe I understand now. I don't think that behavior is customizable unfortunately.

I believe the OP is aware of that, he wanted to show an example of a list of the top folders he wishes he could see in Logic X the same way he did in Logic 9. It wasn't clear to me right away but I believe I understand now. I don't think that behavior is customizable unfortunately.

That's correct David. The reason was the quick acces to the folders in Logic 9 instead of Loop Packs > Genre and then see subfolders in X. In the file browser you don't see bpm, beats etc,... And the audition (now prelisten) there is slower too

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Found some kind of solution!

In the Loop Packs menu i noticed the iLife Sound Effects folder is there without showing any subfolders.

My own sample packs were stored in the Audio > Apple Loops folder.

I now stored them all the in the Audio > Apple Loops > Apple folder where the iLife Sound Effects is stored.

Reindexed and now i see all my own sample packs without subfolders in the Loop Packs menu!

So it was just a location issue.

a3c022975c.png