will the new OS affect Logic?

michaeldevilangel
Go to solution Solved by Glenn L.,

Hello,

My Mac Pro still runs OS X 10.6.8 Shocking I know:) It is time to update the system. Can Anyone assure me that the new OS will still run my Logic Pro 9.1.8 without problems and if they should happens, what can I do about it apart from buying the new software(Logic Pro) ?

I would very much appreciate your help ladies and gents.

Michael

i don't use logic 9, so someone else will have to report in. and which mac is this? meanwhile, that's a huge leap in the OS; you should look into cloning your drive (ie with carbon copy cloner), make sure your OTHER apps are compatible with high sierra; make sure your mac is as well.

if you clone your mac, and high sierra doesn't work from you, you can restore from that clone. but i'd research about your hardware, and ALL your apps first before i'd do anything.

and see what people here report about logic 9...

If you are still using 9.1.8 Id stick with 10.6.8 as that combo is still the most stable and efficient in my opinion and experience. However, I can understand why you might wish to upgrade. Personally, Id keep a separate partition for 10.6.8 and LP and then create a new partition for any such OS and LP upgrades and switch between the two as and if needed.