How do you find tracks quickly in Logic?

casion

I'm currently researching this before I get to work on this mix today, but I thought it best to ask to give myself more information to look in to.

What methods does Logic have for locating tracks in a large project quickly? I have the project organized as well as possible in folders and summing stacks where necessary. Naming conventions are followed. Tracks/regions are coloured consistently as I always do.

Still, sometimes I need to jump from the guitar track on track #4 to the BGV somewhere around track 190. Currently I've simply been horizontally scrolling in the mixer and visually scanning the track name labels. What other mechanics exist to speed up this workflow?

Thank you!

Also, if you set up groups, and activate the hide setting for them, you can very quickly hide and unhide large amounts of tracks, with a little bit of practice and forward thinking. As well, of course, as the judicious use of folders. Managing high track counts takes a bit of planning and experimenting, but you can evolve a working method which really speeds things up, if you spend a bit of time thinking about it. Then it becomes easier.

Thank you for the replies.

I'd like to confirm a behaviour that's been confusing me:

If I select multiple tracks in the main view, then click to add one to a group, only that single track seems to be added to the group.

If I select multiple tracks in the mixer, then add one to a group, all of the selected tracks are added to the group.

Is this behaviour correct or am I potentially missing something?

I'm still experimenting with using groups specifically for the purpose of showing/hiding tracks, it's taking some getting used to.