Is Mbox 2 compatible with Logic Pro?

Samir.Hashweh

Will my Mbox 2 work with Logic Pro X on my newly purchased Mac mini (still being shipped)? According to the following YouTube video it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPez_u72lw (go straight to 1:48)

I have MIDI connections from my Korg Triton Studio keyboard to the Mbox 2 then a USB connection from the Mbox to the Mac mini. If this works then would it be better (if available) to acquire a thunderbolt connection between the Mac mini and Mbox 2 for improved speed? If this doesn't work then is it possible to find a MIDI to Thunderbolt interface connection with zero latency which is compatible with Logic Pro X hence no hardware interface?

Hi mate

I had an Mbox 2 mini that was working fine until I upgraded to 10.12.6 Sierra.

I dont remember exactly what the issue was (i think i was getting no input), so I ended up selling it and buying a Scarlett 2i2

The Scarlett 2i4 has MIDI in/out so maybe that would work.

Also in that video its Logic Pro 9 not X

• 1 year later...

Okay just tried downloading 10.3.3 driver for my Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) and... doesn't look like it's going to work.

You can see that I installed Soundflower to work with Quicktime audio, but don't see the mBox2 anywhere?

Any suggestions on an affordable substitute for the mBox that will work with my system (and Logic X)?

thank you

Sorry it didn't work but I thought it was a long shot. If you can stretch your budget, I like RME for driver stability and support. But they are up there in price. Otherwise, I believe the Scarlett range from Focusrite is quite popular on the more budget friendly side. Depends on your money:) plenty out there to read up on tho.

I'd highly recommend the Behringer UMC404HD as an affordable option. Has been very stable for me on a macpro for portable recordings. If you only need 2 inputs they do UMC204HD too. Not tried that, but presume it's just the same and would be very cheap like-for-like to the mbox2.

Above those, the UMC1820 is ridiculous value, i can't think of another interface out there that offers what that does with all those multi-instrument pre-amps and monitoring/gain control via actual hardware switches, it's truly unique at it's price point. - If you need many inputs of course.

Of course, these are strictly budget interfaces, but they'll exceed the mbox2.