Midi Hardware problem! please help!!

ADHD303

Hi, basically I have had my Avalon 303 synthesizer set up through usb midi and has been working fine, I could edit notes use the cut off knobs etc etc... then I encounterd a hurdle. I wanted to know how to map the cut off to logic so that I can automate my hardware as it is essential in the genre I produce. with trying lots of different things and getting nowhere I now have an even bigger issue. on the track insert when I click on external instrument it it said MISSING.AVALON and no I can't see it at all only my audio interface which now means I have no synth playing at all or though I can see the midi notes moving when I press play. it is also probably worth mentioning when I take the USB out it recognises that I am removing it so it know that midi is there so why is it missing? my midi audio set up in Mac also shows that midi is being received and it is connected. the audio should be playing because I can see signal on my interface but not in logic so I find this very strange as the midi is being picked up. can anyone please shed any light as its driving me mad!