CPU Spiking when upgraded to 10.3.3

JoshJ

Logic's CPU meter started spiking once I updated from the old to the new-look Logic 10.3.3. Am running a relatively small project & am getting clicks in the audio playback.

Anyone else experienced this & any suggestions on what I can do to resolve? Many thanks

Running High Sierra

72GB of free disk space

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

562869974_ScreenShot2018-01-10at17_11_56.thumb.png.0e9b2f4801a51cb08564b2cb1ee8c82e.png

I'd be interested to know if you're improved situation *stayed* that way.

I have been seeing some weird behavior in this version. For two hours it'll be fine, and then the exact same 8 bar loop will throw the Mac into CPU maxed-out oblivion. It's really crazy. I've used iStat Menus for a long time, and I'm current on that... That will show the current CPU base clock at a given time, and... when my CPU meters peg, the clock on this 2.6GHz i7 quad core will report 800MHz(!) as the clock, even though it's on AC power (via a charger). If these utilities are actually showing correct data, I would have no idea why my Mac CPU clock rate would go *down* while processing audio, and then down that low, while on AC charger power. That just doesn't compute with me. I can restart and it may or may not improve, sometimes I've just gone off and made a cup of coffee and come back and it's fine.

This is *not* happening in MainStage, it's only happening during Logic projects, even a new one.

A kernel_task will appear during the slowdowns as one of the top consumers of CPU resources as well...

I'm not sure what's getting in the way of what here, but I *have* applied the 10.13.2 Supplemental Update, and I've also obviously let Logic update as well. Is this the 30% slowdown which isn't supposed to happen? Geekbench tests show no slowdown so gotta love a task with a meaningful name like "kernel_task" :-)

I've only had this problem for a few days (obviously) but it's driving me nuts.

A new 2017 maxed out Touch Bar MBP has been shipped for pick up next week... Hoping this problem might go away with that...