Solo Safe turning on automatically

hecksome

So I guess for this multiport template that I'm using the best bet is to ignore the solo button on the individual tracks in the main window, and use the solo button in the tool bar and the solo tool.

Anyone else discover anything handy for mixing/editing with this type setup?

I strongly suggest avoiding the Multiport template like the plague.

Ha! Well... I'm open to suggestions.

I have about 50 kontakt instruments on my VE Pro template. For a while I was using one instance of VE Pro per instrument, but it massively overloaded the CPU on the old silver mac pro I'm using as a slave computer. I'd really like to be able to add audio plugins on each separate kontakt instruments, so that's bumming me out about the multiport, plus the inability to bounce the region is also a big drawback...

• 6 years later...

When I make a new audio track and label it "Prelisten", it does show up in the Environment but I don't have the option to set it to Audio Channel [Track] 256. The list only shows up to Track 32 (and the last 3 are greyed out and say "reserved").  I'm using Logic 10.6.3.  Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that it's project from 2003 when there was probably only 32 tracks available.  ALL of those old songs turn on Solo Safe seemingly at random and it's driving me crazy. 

image.png.b13666a7efdf97085dee1107668c32ab.png

I just figured out a workaround! The "logic" of this Prelisten channel/track (which always switches itself to Solo Safe) isn't in its labeling, but in the fact that it's the LAST numbered channelstrip. So all I had to do was create some dummy audio tracks until there was one that was numbered past all the existing ones with audio on them, and reserved THAT for the prelisten channel that always needs to be in solo safe mode. Then I just delete any intermediate tracks that had nothing on them. And I was able to create tracks past 32 in those old sessions; the list simply gets bigger by one track every time I create one after 32.