Adding tracks to group from arranger window?

casion

Have you tried selecting all the channelstrips you wish to add to a group, and while they are still selected, set one of the selected channelstrip group via its group slot?

Yes, and that only adds the first channel to the group. It doesn't add all selected channels to the group unless they are selected in the mixer.

I can post a video of me doing this if you'd like.

Which version of Logic do you have?

Over here (v.10.3.3) all selected channelstrips (in the mixer) gets the same group assignment when I set (only) one of them to a given group...

10.3.3. Same behaviour here, but my question was how to do this without opening the mixer.

Selecting tracks in the arranger area seems to not work unless I'm missing something.

Which version of Logic do you have?

Over here (v.10.3.3) all selected channelstrips (in the mixer) gets the same group assignment when I set (only) one of them to a given group...

10.3.3. Same behaviour here, but my question was how to do this without opening the mixer.

Selecting tracks in the arranger area seems to not work unless I'm missing something.

In Logic, track and channelstrip are different/disctinct objects/entities, which become linked when one is assigned to the other.

AFAIK, the group feature pertain to the channelstrip domain (which pertain to the mixer).

Hence, I might be wrong but I don't think there is a way (yet) to proceed without going into the mixer...

In Logic, track and channelstrip are different/disctinct objects/entities, which become linked when one is assigned to the other.

AFAIK, the group feature pertain to the channelstrip domain (which pertain to the mixer).

Hence, I might be wrong but I don't think there is a way (yet) to proceed without going into the mixer...

I see.

Is there a good place to read about this difference between tracks and channel strips? I don't recall that being specified in the manual, but perhaps I missed it.