Recording with Varispeed- it is off

mgmartino

I tried this and you cannot record proper audio when Varispeed is on. Solution is to bounce a slower version of you project to it's own audio file and then practise recording with that slower version until your chops are up to recording at the normal speed in the original project.

Another solution is to forget about Varispeed and just record loop sections of the Original project at the difficult tempo - you can then build up a series of mini takes which can be spliced together..

All this is very good for your playing :)

Yeah but from a technical stand point there is no reason why varispeed shouldn't be working. Is this a glitch? Or am I missing a step they added in the new logic update? I used varispeed about 2 years ago and it worked fine. I was recording a guitar player on a solo. I slowed it 5% and it came out so much cleaner. And that was the sound that record needed. The artist who needed the guitar solo did not have time for the session player to practice the part for the week and come back; time is money. I need a solution for this.

Your suggestion is all well and good, when I am the sole artist/creator but if I am the engineer or producer I need all utilities at my disposal. I can not be the only one who noticed this?