Kontakt in Logic pro X - Disk Usage Spikes

Mrdesignery

Hello, I would like to put out a question regarding spiking of the Kontakt Instrument - Disk Usage Monitor - within Logic Pro X 10.3.3

Perhaps firstly it would be good if somebody could tell me if this is a Logic issue or a Kontakt issue.

For example - I have an instance of kontakt on a track - it has loaded Spitfire Audio Albion 1 - there are some 24 bars of long string sustains - really nothing too taxing . . but in the Kontakt instrument pane containing Albion there is a symbol with indication for both CPU and DISK activity and whereas the CPU is normal, the Disk activity continues to spike intermittently at 100% in RED (please see attached images). . . . I have put the full length of the piece (24 bars), to play in loop mode and have just let it play through over and over from start to finish - each time it plays though the spiking in the Disk usage happens less and less until after a while the piece plays through without spiking - its almost as if something is learning to deal with the data in such a way that is learns how to prevent the spiking . . I, of course, ensure firstly that all instruments are completely loaded into the cache

Has anybody else had this experience and does anybody know what it could be.

Im working with the latest logic pro in 64 bit

I do NOT have Kontakt Memory Server Activated

The CPU indicator in Logic itself shows a nice even spread of activity across the 4 cores

Can anybody explain whats happening? - Thanks Ian

Machine specs:

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 12 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM121.004D.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.71f22