Yamaha MX88 and Logic Pro 10.3.3 in High Sierra

kurtlogic

Hello:

I am a new forum member so pardon me for any posting mistakes.

I purchased an MX88 recently and have had trouble getting voice 1 (there are two voices in a "performance" in the MX88) through USB Midi/Audio. I set up a simple audio track. Voice 2 will sound and the rhythm track will sound but voice 1 will not. I am using a Resident Audio T4 (thunderbolt) as my audio interface, but the MX88 is connected directly with my computer via USB (midi/audio).

I have set up an aggregate device in Audio/Midi setup with the Yamaha/Steinberg driver and the T4 driver. I have tried various configurations of input and output, tried uninstalling the T4 driver and using just the Yamaha driver, etc. and I can't get it to work.

I am using a MB Pro fr. 2015 with High Sierra and LPX 10.3.3.

*When I connect to my Mac mini (not powerful enough to use as my studio computer), it works fine.* However, it is running El Capitan and Logic 10.0.0.

The Yamaha support guys are convinced that it is an error in my setup, and after about a week or two of communication indicated they have had it working successfully with 10.33 and High Sierra.

My general audio recording skills with LPX are pretty good (several years experience), but my midi and synth skills are not advanced. The learning curve is steeper than expected.

I have not given up and am trying to educate myself as I try to solve this problem. But trying to get this working has diminished my enjoyment of the new synth (which is very nice) and has taken many hours of my time.

It is either a driver issue or I have messed up my setup in Logic Pro and can't figure it out.

2 questions:

Has anyone successfully connected an MX88 with LPX 10.3.3 in High Sierra and gotten both voices to sound?

Any other suggestions to get this thing working?

Thanks! Kurt