Where to learn about controller assignment options

Lazy M Beats

Super frustrated. The single most difficult thing to research in logic is to assign my damn keyboard knobs and faders appropriately. I've scoured the web version of the logic X manual (which in my opinion is a terrible interface that would rather give you small tidbits of info rather than lead you to a comprehensive page where you can find the info you need, similar to the LP9 online manual) and can't find the answers I seek. It is possible that the ibook version is easier to navigate without all the dead end tidbits that seem to occur in the web based one but to download I need to update my billing info and I don't want to put in my financial information to the apple store because my apple account is frequently hacked and fraudulently charged. The ibook is free, so why should I have to update my billing info anyways?!

Anyways, to my problem:

I have looked all over this forum and can't find anything that helps me out either. I'm not asking anyone to baby me through this but just please, for the love of god, link me to a place that describes, in detail, all of the options in the "controller assignment parameter" area in the controller assignments menu.

I'm looking for descriptions of what things like "Fader bank for current view" or "fader bank for MIDI channel strips" and ALL of the other options within every category and sub category.

I have channel strips 1-8 assigned to faders 1-8 on my Akai MPK249 as well as MPK's knobs 1-8 assigned as pans for 1-8 channel strips. I just want to know how to successfully program a button to make these assigned faders jump from controlling channel strips 1-8 to 9-16 and so on and also to assign another button to shift everything backwards! It should be so easy but it has been a nightmare!

Please help me!