Used SymbolicLinker but Logic still trying to redownload new sounds

JoshJ

I moved the following Logic sound folders to an External drive using the SymbolicLinker app. Even though I got a "New Sounds” download notification and ran it some months back, I keep getting this notification every time I open logic & it tries to start downloading them again. I thought this would not happen since using SymbolicLinker.

I gave the alias’ exactly the same filename as the folders I moved to my External;

On my External:

Alchemy Samples

Apple Loops

Drummer

EXS Factory Samples

Ultrabeat Samples

Some new sounds/copies of sounds have obviously downloaded but am not sure whether they downloaded to the Mac or to the External. On looking, there seem to be some discrepancies between the folders on my MacHD & External;

Alchemy Samples:

"Bass" > “Custom” folder is larger on my Mac than it is on the External

“Bass" > "Single Samples” is larger on the External than it is on my Mac

ESX Factory Samples:

MacHD has only the "Drum Kit Designer Consolidated” folder in it but the amount of patches in that folder is less than the copy on the External

Ultrabeat Samples:

The "Ultrabeat Samples” folder on MacHD just has one folder in it “Drum Machine Designer” (the copy on my external has all the other kits). Both Drum Machine Designer folders seem to have all the same kit folders in them though. I thought there might have been updates to the MacHD folder but they are the same (unless the sounds inside the kit folders have been updated)

Can anyone help me figure out whats gone wrong here and how I can rectify? Would it be easier to just delete everything, let Logic download the folders again and then alias them across to the External again? If so, how do I stop this mess happening next time?

many thanks