Help please!!

Gkh
Go to solution Solved by Gkh,

I've been having an issue that others on this forum have experienced as well but with a twist. So I've had Logic Pro x for the past 3 years, never any driver issues. All of a sudden now when I open logic x it tells me "please select audio driver in the preference dialogue". Ive enabled 'core audio' but it will not let me select an input/output device. It's not even an option. It is set, in grey, to my audio interface. Even if I unplug my interface it still shows up, in grey, as my output/input device. All of my plug ins are invalid in logic as well but I'm able to bring them up in various other programs (mpc software, studio one), so it definitely isn't my plugins that are the issue. I've even opened the plugins on my other computer in Logic Pro x. No issues. The only issue is now that all of a sudden I can't open any projects I've worked on without all of my plug ins missing. Not sure what to do..I'm at a loss of ideas. Any help is truly appreciated!!! Please and thank you in advance.

-Gavin

Hi Gavin and welcome to Logic Pro Help.

We need to know some details about your system to able to help you out in a better manner.

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.3.2)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Sierra 10.12.6)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface Pro)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

All of a sudden now when I open logic x it tells me "please select audio driver in the preference dialogue". Ive enabled 'core audio' but it will not let me select an input/output device. It's not even an option. It is set, in grey, to my audio interface.

Try this:

1. Quit Logic Pro X.
  2. In Finder choose Go > Library from the Menu Bar. – You need to hold down option for the Library listing to appear. –
  3. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist, and drag that file out of the Preferences folder to your Desktop.
  4. Launch Logic Pro X again.

• Solution
Thank you so much for the quick response! It was in fact a preference issue. I simply navigated to the Logic Pro x preferences and selected "initialize all except key commands". This solved my issue immediately. Thank you for the help!!!