Help With External Midi

explojoseph

Hi. I've followed a couple tutorials - and even called Yamaha support - to help, but they referred me back here. I'm using a MOXF8 keyboard.

So, I actually have two questions.

1. When I create an external MIDI track, for some reason I hear an overlapping playback of the same instrument. But this only happens when I add a second external MIDI track. And it only plays twice on the first track. Weird. What is causing this, and how can I fix it?

2. To start, I can create an external midi track and am able to get playback (using program changes on an empty region) for the corresponding instrument on my keyboard. However, I am unable to figure out how to do a multiple program changes at the same time, on different tracks. I'm trying to get playback for multiple instruments on my keyboard, simultaneously. (I've tried creating a second external instrument and setting it to the next channel, then adding a region to the second track with a different program change. But it just plays the external instrument from the first.)

I really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks a bunch