LPX not playing back audio in time line

pianobum

Hi everyone,

My LPX just went haywire. Time line plays but regions won't play anything recorded, track meters not working either. Creating a new track, the pop up menu only allows me 'external midi' everything else is dimmed and it all says OFF. Audio interface is fine brand new. Computer is a brand new MacBook Pro 2017. Seems to be a problem with LPX itself. Rebooting won't help. Only maybe scrapping and DL all over again. Any suggestions?

What you describe happens when you don't have a Core Audio device selected in Logic's audio preferences. In your case, deleting your preferences probably solved the issue, but next time open Logic's audio preferences, select the desired device, make sure the Core Audio checkbox is enabled and close the preferences window to initialize core audio.

Hi David,

The Core Audio is checked and my Apollo Twin is selected as Output and Input. After a few minutes of playing nice, the Apollo cut out again, reverts to internal audio, then the Apollo kicks in again after a few minutes. By then LPX stops playing back audio again, Track meters don't work, things are dimmed etc. Ghost in the machine :-/

Problem is getting worse. Now the whole computer will over load and shut down. I just got the driver this week & I never had a problem when I was only using MIDI inputs. I'm not sure if the Apollo is glitchy or if it could be too much for the computer because that's brand new too. I wouldn't know where to assume the problem could be.